and the UK
LAST MODIFIED February 7th, 2022 (VERSION 1.13))
(For additional information related to California residents see IMPORTANT ADDITIONAL PRIVACY INFORMATION FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS below)
- OPEX Corporation, with offices located in New Jersey, United States of America (“OPEX Corporation”), describes how opex.com and the other websites listed in Appendix A (each, “the Website” or “Website”) operate and how OPEX Corporation collects, uses, and shares information, including personal data, gathered from visitors to the Website or in the course of business activities conducted by OPEX Corporation elsewhere, when visitors to the Website, job applicants, and other parties are located outside the European Union (the “EU”), Switzerland, and the United Kingdom (the “UK”).
- The registered branch offices and subsidiaries of OPEX Corporation (an “OPEX Branch/Subsidiary”) describe how each of them independently collects, uses, and shares information, including personal data, gathered in the course of conducting its business with parties located outside the EU, Switzerland, and the UK.
OPEX Corporation and the OPEX Branches/Subsidiaries collect information that you provide to us as well as from third parties. Furthermore, OPEX Corporation collections information from you automatically when you use the Website.
Information You Provide To Us: OPEX Corporation and the OPEX Branches/Subsidiaries collect information that you provide to us when you solicit business from us, purchase products and services offered by us, perform supply or similar contracts with us, request information from us, contact us, register with us, complete a survey, and submit an email. Furthermore, OPEX Corporation collects information from you when you use the Website or services available through the Website. The information referenced above may include your personal data including, by way of example, your name, postal address, telephone number, fax number, e-mail address, subscriber/screen name, and password used to access our services.
If the collection and processing of personal data are required by law or to perform a contract, we will request it from you. Failure to provide such data may result in our inability to perform services you request or a contract to which you are a party.
Data Collected from Third Parties: OPEX Corporation and the OPEX Branches/Subsidiaries may obtain data from third parties and, where permitted by law, append this data to other data that we already maintain about you, such as when we obtain data from D&B Hoovers regarding a prospective customer (e.g., telephone number, etc.) and combine that with other, existing data that the prospective customer has provided directly to us.
Automatically Collected Data: OPEX Corporation and its third-party service providers collect data about you automatically when you visit the Website, namely through ‘cookies,’ ‘web beacons,’ and other tracking technologies. When you access the Website, communications data (e.g., home service domain name and Internet protocol address) or utilization data (e.g., information on the beginning, end, and extent of each access, as well as information on the services that you accessed) may be generated. As permitted by applicable law, OPEX Corporation and its third-party service providers may combine this information with the personal data that OPEX Corporation collects about you. For additional information, see COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES as well as ANALYTICAL TOOLS below.
USING YOUR INFORMATION
OPEX Corporation and the OPEX Branches/Subsidiaries (or a third party operating on our behalf) may use your information, including your personal data, for the following purposes, as permitted by law:
- To perform a contract with you or take steps to enter into a contract at your request.
- To provide the OPEX products and services to you; to communicate with you about your use of such OPEX products and services; to provide you with product updates, releases, and news; to respond to your inquiries; to fill your orders; and for other customer service-related purposes.
- To help us better understand your business needs; to support a potential or current customer relationship with you; and to better understand how we can improve our products and services, such as by soliciting your comments, or in the case of OPEX Corporation, to track your preferences when browsing the Website.
- To contact you about OPEX products and services and to conduct surveys to better understand your needs as a potential or current customer.
- For marketing and promotional purposes, including through email or equivalent electronic means. For example, we may use personal data such as an email address to send news and newsletters, special offers and promotions, and to otherwise contact customers about OPEX products, services, or information that we think may interest customers. We may also use personal data to assist them in advertising OPEX products and services on third-party websites.
- For research and development purposes, including to improve OPEX products and services.
- In the case of OPEX Corporation, to improve the Website by tracking your activities on the Website; to understand the demographics of visitors to the Website by tracking your activities on the Website; and for other research and analytical purposes.
- To comply with applicable legal obligations, including to respond to a subpoena or court order.
OPEX Corporation and the OPEX Branches/Subsidiaries may share your information, including your personal data, for any of the reasons described in USING YOUR INFORMATION above as follows:
- OPEX Group of Companies. We may share the information that we collect from you within the OPEX group of companies, including to and among OPEX group companies located outside of your home country.
- Service Providers. We may share the information that we collect from you with third-party vendors, service providers, contractors, and agents who perform functions on our behalf. For example, we may use third parties to conduct surveys on our behalf, to perform information technology and other technical support functions, and for other purposes consistent with the purposes for which you have provided information to us.
We may also share your information in the following circumstances:
- Business Transfers. If OPEX Corporation or an OPEX Branch/Subsidiary is acquired by or merged with another company, or if all or substantially all of the assets of OPEX Corporation or an OPEX Branch/Subsidiary are transferred to another company, or as part of the preparation for such transaction, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer in whole or in part the information we have collected from you to such other company.
- In Response to Legal Process. We may also share the information that we collect from you to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or another legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information with third parties for marketing, advertising, research, or similar purposes, including to assist us in determining relevant advertising platforms as well as to determine the success of our various campaigns.
Additional details on how we handle your information may be provided to you in a separate notice(s) or a contract.
COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
Disabling Cookies: Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The ‘Help’ portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your device from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to the Website who disable cookies may still be able to browse certain areas of the Website, but some features may not function properly.
Cross-Device Use: OPEX Corporation and service providers may use the information that we collect about you (whether directly from you from our Website, through your device(s), or from a third party) to help OPEX Corporation and its service providers identify other devices that you use (e.g., a mobile phone, tablet, other computer, etc.). OPEX Corporation and its service providers also may use the cross-device tracking and other information we learn about you to serve targeted advertising on your devices and to send you emails. To opt-out of cross-device advertising, you may follow the instructions set forth in the “Third-Party Targeted Advertising Cookies and Other Third-Party Tracking Technologies” section below. Please note: if you opt-out of these targeted advertising cookies or other tracking technologies, your opt-out will be specific to the web browser or mobile device from which you accessed the opt-out. If you use multiple devices or browsers, you will need to opt-out each browser or device that you use.
Opting out of Google AdWords Remarketing, LinkedIn, or Oracle Eloqua will opt you out of those companies’ delivery of interest-based content or ads to you, but it does not mean that you will no longer receive any advertising on other websites. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing (i.e., contextually based ads) or from other advertising networks. Also, if you later erase your cookies or other tracking technologies, use a different device or change Web browsers, your preference may no longer be active.
- Google Analytics: To help OPEX Corporation design and optimize the Website, the Website may use Google Analytics, an analytical service provided by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, California 94043 USA (“Google”). In this context, pseudonymized user profiles are created and cookies are used. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the Website is transferred to Google. This information is used to evaluate your use of the Website, to compile reports on Website activities, and to provide further services associated with the use of the Website and the Internet, for the purpose of market research and the demand-oriented design of the Website. IP addresses are anonymized so that assignment is not possible (IP masking). Further information on data protection in connection with Google Analytics can be found in Google Analytics’ Help section at https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en. You can prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the Website (including your IP address) and the processing of this data by Google, for example, by downloading and installing a browser add-on at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
- Facebook Plug-ins: The Facebook Plug-ins are operated (by Facebook Inc., 1601 Willow Road, Menlo Park, California 94025 USA (“Facebook”). You can find information on data protection at Facebook by visiting https://www.facebook.com/policy.php.
- LinkedIn Plug-ins: The LinkedIn Plug-ins are operated by LinkedIn Corporation, 1000 W. Maude Avenue, Sunnyvale, California 94085 USA (“LinkedIn”). You can find information on data protection at LinkedIn by visiting https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy.
- Twitter Plug-ins: The Twitter Plug-ins are operated by Twitter Inc., 1355 Market Street, Suite 900, San Francisco, California 94103 USA (“Twitter”). You can find information on data protection at Twitter by visiting https://www.twitter.com/privacy.
- XING Plug-ins: The XING Plug-ins are operated by XING AG, Dammtorstrasse 29-32, 20354 Hamburg, Germany. You can find information on data protection by visiting https://privacy.xing.com/en/privacy-policy/printable-version.
Each of the providers of the Plug-ins above is referred to hereinafter as a “Plug-in Provider”.
To increase the protection of your data when visiting the Website, plug-ins are embedded using the so-called “Shariff Solution.” This means that when a page of the Website is accessed, a connection to the servers of the respective Plug-in Provider is not yet established.
Your web browser establishes a direct connection to the respective Plug-in Provider’s servers only when you activate the Plug-ins. When you activate a Plug-in, the Plug-in Provider receives information that your web browser has accessed the respective site of our Website, even when you do not maintain a user account with the provider or are not logged in. Usage data (including the IP address) are transmitted directly from your web browser to a server of the respective Plug-in Provider and may be stored there.
If you do not wish the Plug-in Providers to receive, save, or use data gathered through the Website, you should not use the respective Plug-ins. You can also block the Plug-ins from being loaded with browser add-ons (so-called ‘script blockers’).
Find out more about the purpose and scope of the data collection as well as about the processing and use of your data by Plug-in Providers and about your rights and possibilities to change settings to protect your data in the privacy statements of the respective providers linked above.
The Website is not for use by children under the age of 16 years, and OPEX Corporation does not knowingly collect, store, share or use the personal data of children under 16 years. If you are under the age of 16 years, please do not provide any personal data, even if prompted by the Website to do so. If you are under the age of 16 years and you have provided personal data, please ask your parent(s) or guardian(s) to notify OPEX Corporation at [email protected] and OPEX will delete all such personal data.
USERS FROM OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
The Website is controlled, operated and administered by OPEX Corporation from its offices within the United States of America. Your information, including personal data, may be processed in the United States of America, any other country in which OPEX Corporation or any OPEX Branch/Subsidiary has operations including without limitation Australia, France, Germany, the Republic of Ireland, Switzerland, and the UK, and any country in which our database administrators and IT support providers operate including without limitation India, and you acknowledge that your information may be subject to access by law enforcement and other government entities, including courts and tribunals, in accordance with laws applicable in those jurisdictions.
ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
To help protect your personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss or alteration, and against unauthorized disclosure or access, OPEX uses reasonable administrative, technical, and organizational security measures. However, when communicating with us online, please note that no data transmission over the Internet, especially the use of email, can be guaranteed to be absolutely secure. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
OPEX Corporation shall not be responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such third-party websites and disclaims any responsibility for such privacy practices and content. Without limiting the foregoing, any transactions that you enter into with any vendor, merchant, or another party that you access through such third-party websites are solely between you and that vendor, merchant, or another party.
NOTICE TO JOB APPLICANTS
Any positions posted on the Website are for United States and Canadian job applicants only. If you are located outside the United States or Canada and wish to apply for a position, please contact the OPEX Branch/Subsidiary office closest to your home country directly.
If you are located in the United States or Canada and apply for employment through the Website (where available), OPEX Corporation may use your information for the purposes of processing your employment application. OPEX Corporation may also use your information to comply with applicable legal obligations, including to respond to a subpoena or court order, and if OPEX believes that it is necessary to do so to protect its and the OPEX Branches/Subsidiaries’ rights and interests and the rights and interests of third parties. OPEX Corporation also may share your information with the OPEX Branches/Subsidiaries and its/their recruiters for the purposes of evaluating your application, and, where permitted by law, if they believe you might be interested in a different position.
If you are a resident of California and apply for employment through our Website, please see the additional information in our Human Resources Privacy Notice – California.
Please contact us using the contact information listed below if you have any questions.
QUESTIONS AND COMMENTS
305 Commerce Drive
Moorestown, New Jersey 08057-4234 USA
Attn.: Marketing Department
Email Address: [email protected]
Telephone number: 856.727.1100
305 Commerce Drive
Moorestown, New Jersey 08057-4234 USA
Attn.: Vice President, Corp. & Legal Affairs
Email Address: [email protected]
Telephone number: 856.727.1100
IMPORTANT ADDITIONAL PRIVACY INFORMATION FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
The information below should be read in conjunction with the other sections of our policy above.
In this section, OPEX Corporation provides information for California residents, as required under California privacy laws, including the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), which requires that we provide California residents certain specific information about how we handle their personal information, whether collected online or offline.
Under the CCPA, “personal information” is any information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular California resident. It does not include publicly available data as defined by the CCPA.
Except as otherwise set forth below under “Right to Opt-out of the Sale of Personal Information” and the “Right of Non-Discrimination,”” this section does not apply to California residents with whom we transact or communicate solely in the context of providing or receiving a product or service to or from a company that employs such residents or that engages such residents as contractors. This section also does not apply to the personal information we collect about job applicants, independent contractors, or current or former full-time, part-time and temporary employees and staff, officers, directors, or owners of OPEX Corporation or its affiliated companies.
Categories of Personal Information that We Collect, Sell, and Disclose: The table below sets out generally the categories of personal information (as defined by the CCPA) about California residents that we collect, sell, and disclose to others for a business purpose. We collect these categories of personal information from the sources described above in COLLECTING INFORMATION, and for the purposes described above in USING YOUR INFORMATION. Our collection, use, and disclosure of personal information about a California resident will vary depending upon the circumstances and nature of our interactions or relationship with such resident.
|CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION||DO WE COLLECT?||DO WE DISCLOSE FOR A BUSINESS PURPOSE?||DO WE SELL?|
|NAME, CONTACT INFORMATION AND IDENTIFIERS:
Identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol (IP) address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers.
Paper and electronic customer records containing personal information, such as name, signature, address, telephone number, insurance policy number, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information
|PURCHASE HISTORY AND TENDENCIES:
Commercial information, including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
Behavior such as keystroke patterns or rhythms.
Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a resident’s interaction with an Internet website, application, or advertisement, including access logs and other activity information related to your use of any company websites, applications or other online services.
Geographic location information about a particular individual or device.
Audio, electronic, visual, or similar information.
|PROFESSIONAL OR EMPLOYMENT-RELATED INFORMATION:
Job title and other employment history.
|PROFILES AND INFERENCES:
Inferences drawn from any of the information identified above to create a profile reflecting a resident’s preferences, characteristics, behavior, and attitudes.
- Right to Opt-out of the Sale of Personal Information. California residents have the right to opt-out of our sale of their personal information. Opt-out rights can be exercised by contacting OPEX as set forth above in QUESTIONS AND COMMENTS. When you contact us, please indicate in the subject line that you are contacting us concerning the “California Consumer Privacy Act.”
- Notice at Collection. At or before the point of collection, notice must be provided to California residents of the categories of personal information collected and the purposes for which such information is used.
- Verifiable Requests to Delete and Requests to Know. Subject to certain exceptions, California residents have the right to make the following requests, at no charge: Request to Delete: California residents have the right to request the deletion of their personal information that we have collected about them and to have such personal information deleted, except where an exemption applies. Request to Know: California residents have the right to request and, subject to certain exemptions, receive a copy of the specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about them in the prior twelve months and to have this delivered, free of charge, either (a) by mail or (b) electronically in a portable and, to the extent technically feasible, readily useable format that allows the individual to transmit this information to another entity without hindrance. California residents also have the right to request that we provide them certain information about how we have handled their personal information in the prior twelve months, including the:
-categories of sources of personal information;
-business and/or commercial purposes for collecting and selling their personal information;
-categories of third parties/with whom we have disclosed or shared their personal information;
-categories of personal information that we have disclosed or shared with a third party for a business purpose;
-categories of personal information collected; and
-categories of third parties to whom the residents’ personal information has been sold and the specific categories of personal information sold to each category of third party.
California residents may make Requests to Know no more than twice every twelve months.
- Submitting Requests. Requests to Opt-out of Sale of Personal Information, Requests to Know, and Requests to Delete may be submitted by contacting us as set forth above in QUESTIONS AND COMMENTS. When you contact us, please indicate in the subject line that you are contacting us with regard to the “California Consumer Privacy Act.” We will respond to verifiable requests received from California consumers as required by law.
- Right to Non-Discrimination. The CCPA prohibits discrimination against California residents for exercising their rights under the CCPA. Discrimination may exist where a business denies or provides a different level or quality of goods or services, or charges (or suggests that it will charge) different prices, rates, or penalties on residents who exercise their CCPA rights, unless doing so is reasonably related to the value provided to the business by the residents’ data.
- Financial Incentives. A business may offer financial incentives for the collection, sale, or deletion of California residents’ personal information, provided the incentive is not unjust, unreasonable, coercive, or usurious, and is made available in compliance with applicable transparency, informed consent, and opt-out requirements. California residents have the right to be notified of any financial incentives offers and their material terms, the right to opt-out of such incentives at any time, and may not be included in such incentives without their prior informed opt-in consent. We do not offer any incentives at this time.
For more information about our privacy practices, you may contact us as set forth in the QUESTIONS AND COMMENTS section above.